Thursday, November 14, 2013

Barbara Barry Poetical Bedding - Knockoff Look for Less!

So, I promised that my next post would be about design knock-offs of the Celine Luggage Tote, but I lied! I will most likely post that tonight or tomorrow, but I wanted to go over a home decor look for less! I have drooled over Barbara Barry's Poetical bedding line for about a year now, patiently waiting for Bed, Bath & Beyond to mark it down...but no such luck. Even with the 20% off coupon, I would probably have to sell my child on the black market to afford it (which, on some days, seems like a good idea but it's something I couldn't bring myself to do). 

Barbara Barry's Poetical bedding line doesn't seem so expensive with JUST the duvet cover (priced at $159.00 for a King), but if you wanted two pillow shams ($49.00-$59.00 EACH), the 18" square toss pillow ($49.00...$49.00? Did a unicorn make this out of Rapunzel's hair?), the sheet set ($129.00), and the crescent moon quilt ($179.00), you are going to spend around (ON THE LOW END) $630.00! 
(that's not including the fact that you might have the buy a duvet to fill inside the cover, which aren't cheap either). 

Here is a picture of the Barbara Barry Poetical Bedding, in it's entirety and beauty:


Here is an upclose of the decorative pillows:


So, I was looking at TJ MAXX the other day and found a bedding set that was ridiculously similar and a fraction of the price!


And these are the decorative pillows:


The price on the bedding set was ONLY $89.99, which includes the comforter, two pillow shams and three decorative pillows! The pattern and colors are extremely similar

I did find the blue crescent moon coverlet quilt (in queen) for $88.00 on Amazon (search under 

"Barbara Barry Crescent Moon Queen Coverlet Quilt Ivory"), so if you wanted a more complete look, it would cost you around $178.00, with the quilt, which sure as hell beats $630.00! 



1 comment:

  1. Hello! I just would like to give huge thumbs up for the great info you have here on this post. I will be coming back to your blog for more soon.Pillow for pregnant women

    ReplyDelete